Our Quality system achieves the following objectives:
• It ensures a clear understanding of important features & acceptance criteria to the customer, supplier & our inspectors. Only when all the three accept, the manual is implemented.
• It saves on critical time for the customer at the shipment stage, as the factory cannot push us to take approvals from the customer.
• It saves on money to courier samples when the shipment was actually scheduled to leave the port.
Our quality system follows the following criteria:
• Determine the important dimensions, which can affect the intended use of the product. These dimensions are kept with close tolerances.
• Classify each defect into “Critical”, “Major”, “Minor-a” & “Minor-b”.
• As per standard tables of MIL-STD-105E, the Acceptable quality levels are kept as under:
• For Critical defects -- Level 0
• For Major defects -- Level 1.5
• For Minor-a defects -- Level 4.0
• For Minor-b defects -- Level 6.5
This can be varied depending on a customer’s requirement.
• Visual defects based on the Indian Stainless steel quality & grade being used for a particular design / shape.
• Special emphasis on accuracy of assembled products.
We have developed our own system keeping in mind quality requirements of the customers in the industry.
Quality Manuals are prepared for each product based on AQL Level II, Normal Single sampling plan. Additional data from records of previous inspection reports, photographs available, supplier knowledge & our experience makes a Manual the most practical guide for our inspectors. Various parameters & defects are categorized in critical, major & minor on the basis of its occurrence & effect on the product’s application. Once ready we get the manual first approved from the supplier to ascertain his ability to achieve the desired AQL levels. Then it is forwarded to the customer for his approval.
At times, we draw out average reference samples from the factories production. One sample is sent for customer approval & another similar one is kept at the factory. In specific critical cases, we ask the customer to sign & stamp on the sample as a method for approval.
We check Chromium & Nickel percentage on random lots from govt. certified laboratory.
All the observations with supporting photographs of inspection are recorded in the final inspection report & can be provided to customer on request. In case we reject the consignment, the factory is asked to rework & represent the consignment. The same is communicated to the customer.